Sunday, July 17, 2005

Prinsep Monument down Strand Road to Eden Garden stadium - Taj

After due deliberation with fellow hashers, we decided to change the venue from the mossy paths at the Taratala Environment Park where we risk going for a toss to Prinsep Monument on Strand Road to walk down the riverfront and visit Eden Gardens. I wonder if our owls and parrots are still there...
Breakfast at the Taj.
Bring an umbrella!
See you Sunday come rain or shine,
Neela

Here's Patricia excuse for missing Sunday's Hash:
"Sorry everybody for last sunday...I was sleeping because my wake up alarm clock was sleeping also, without battery!!! So when I woke up around 8:30am, is too late!.. I was very sad but... What can I do?See you when we come back from Malaysia with NeelaThe best for everybodyPatricia"

This is what she missed :
Last Sunday, a beautifully sunny morning with blue skies, we set off from Prinsep Monument down the river front towards Eden Gardens in our Calcutta Hash floppy cricket hats made by Carl. (many thanks). There was a padlock on the gate as the army like God has turned us out of Eden Garden. Calcutta’s tourist spot is no longer accessible to the public until further notice. We therefore walked into the Eden Garden stadium that can hold 90,000 spectators or should I say frenzied cricket fans. We saw the gardeners working on the pitch and taking our seats on the bleachers swapped stories about why the Ashes are called Ashes. Of course Bonani’s version was ornitho-logical! (Something far fetched about a sparrow who died on being hit by a cricket ball).

We walked by the Maidan and returned to the cars and breakfast at the Taj. I'll convey your best to Alice in Singapore when I meet her. I'll take the Floppy Calcutta Hash Hat and maybe Malaysian hashers (Malasia being birthplace of the Hash) will recognise a kindred spirit.

No comments: