Sunday, May 15, 2005

Taratolla Environment Park Taj - Lee's last hash

It's the end of a Hash chapter this Sunday 15th May, 2005. George and Lee are leaving Calcutta for their next posting in Madagascar.

We were 21 at the Taratola Environment Park last Sunday for Lee's farewell. Madhuri brought Ruth who managed to bring albums of old photos of the hash. Indranil one of the early hashers picked up Delphi. Zoria brought Sid and Carl as usual. Barbara, Munnu, Patricia and I were the first to reach. As I had managed to get a print out of a whacky photo taken at Mohit's farewell, that he sent me by email, I wanted everyone to sign it as they arrived for a souvenir for Lee and George. (I'm sure you all want copies and we'll organise postcard sizes along with copies of the Collage Ruth's making). Bhaskar brought Peter who is now practically the official Hash photographer as he made the Group pose for "before (fresh)and after (sweaty)" pictures at the entrance to the Park which showed late comers Paurosh, Rajesh Poddar and his wife. We all took our different routes inside the park. Alka even tried out the swings there and we swung by to admire the spotted deer and other animals.

Back at the Taj, we spilled over from the big table to two more. There was much hubbub at The Hub. After breakfast we gathered around George and Lee to bid our farewells and give them a small token of our appreciation and good wishes. Zoria had chosen a lithograph from Khazana in telephonic consultation with me - a banyan tree which will remind them of their favourite Sunday hash walks in the Botanical Gardens. Truly the banyan tree is a symbol of their roots in Calcutta and all the friends they leave behind. It's the end of another hash chapter of 3 memorable years. Lee, Hash Mistress, was moved to tears as she thanked the Hash Group and spoke of her pride to belong to the group. George will be back!

" Hi Everyone, Wow! What a great send-off yesterday at the Nature Park and then the Taj. I was overwhelmed, truly. Thanks for making me feel appreciated and also for the super present -- a lithograph of a banyan tree is just perfect for George and me since the Botanical Gardens was our favorite hash spot (even though I used to get lost)!I'll miss all of you and really do hope to come back and share a Sunday morning with everyone again. You all know I love the Calcutta Hash Group and feel proud to be a member. Thanks for making the effort to come to my final hash.with love,Lee"

No comments: