Sunday, March 20, 2005

Lakes - Chesta

It was decided to do the Dhakuria lakes and meet at the usual spot, Calcutta Rowing Club at 7.00 a.m this Sunday 20th March, 2005.

Dr. Basu has invited ALL hashers this Sunday at 11:00 a.m., on behalf of CHESTA (Centre for Health Education Social Transformation and Action), to go to the inauguration of the new building of the B.B.M.P. School at Srikrishnapur in Dasghara (behind Jotish Bhavan). This was the school George, Siddique and I visited before that was "under construction". The Hash is invited because we contributed earlier to the success of this school's sports day where I actually won my morning cuppa tea mug with angels for the visiting ladies walking micro-marathon.

Lee and George plan to go after the morning walk at the Lakes. Others interested can go in convoy, plus they could take one or two riding in the back with them. The drive, as I recall, was about an hour and a half through lush green fields bordering villages with mud huts beside pukurs or ponds. Dasghara also has a beautiful tumble down rajbari with lions on the gate.

I hope you’ll all enjoy this Sunday’s outing. If there are many of you, then please confirm by return email so that instead of George’s car, our comfortable George bus can be organized!

27th March is Easter Sunday so any ideas for the hash run.

I may be in Barrackpore this Sunday and Shantiniketan the next Sunday so I’ll miss all the fun. Keep me posted.

GM Neela 9830014934

No comments: